Recent content by mel_parrish10244

1. M

subdomain

I have created a subdomain, but can never reach it. Just says not found in browser. DNS record was created when domain was created, and seemes to be correct A record. Anything else I need to check? Thanks
  2. M

Email not working

My email just is not reliable, and I seem to have a good IP address which is not on any blacklist, which I know is the case with many VPS providers. I also wanted to point out that you have very few record types for setting up DNS. MXtools says I need to setup a PTR record for reverse DNS...
  3. M

Email not working

okI looked at your guide, which really does not answer much for me. I went to MXtools from a link you provided, which test your email and if it's setup correctly or not. Both domains I have here, which email accounts are setup on, have any errors.: My question is: does Zeslecp automatically set...
  4. M

Email not working

Edit: Even though at my domain registrar, I had just my Zesle name servers recorded, because I use Zesle to manage my DNS, I went back and also added a n A record pointed to my IP for Zesel. After doing that, it seems email is now working?
  5. M

Email not working

I added a new domain and setup a email account. I sent to my email address and it arrived. If I try to reply to it I get the following message: Address not found Your message wasn't delivered to melp57@lxlinuxhosting.com because the domain lxlinuxhosting.com couldn't be found. Check for typos...
  6. M

Server no longer reachable.

Last thing I did on the server was created a new ftp user (first and only one)
  7. M

Server no longer reachable.

Had access to my server this morning, afternoon its no longer reachable. I contacted my vps provider and they couldn't find anything on their end. Zesle has been running for more than 9 days. Nothing has changed. Could it be your firewall or a license issue? I've lost everything on it and 4...
  8. M

Create a cron job?

Thanks!
  9. M

Another feature good to have to protect your server.

I found fail2ban on another control panel I was checking out. Its monitoring access to your server and will ban ip's that try to harm your server. Quote) Fail2ban scans log files (e.g. /var/log/apache/error_log) and bans IPs that show the malicious signs -- too many password failures, seeking...
  10. M

Create a cron job?

Where can I go to learn how to create a cron job?
  11. M

Proxy servers

I don't see exact docs for that, but its using NGINX as a back end for you to setup a reverse proxy and configure NGINX to force https. I no longer have this cp installed, so I can't tell you all that it can do. Apache2 is the front end, NGINX is used as backend.
  12. M

Proxy servers

The kind that sits between your servers and internet to protect your data.
  13. M

Proxy servers

Some of the control panels I've used in the past included a proxy service. Is that a possibility here in the future? Is it really necessary?